Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Rich (Bill Gates)

You know I've been watching, and reading the news, and I see all these things about how America is hurting. We owe trillions of dollars, and the job line is extremely low, although increasing. I was reading on Bill Gates, and some other rich, powerful people like Warren Buffet, and  I saw some interesting things.

Bill Gates, former Microsoft designer, and Philanthropist stated he gives away billions of dollars a year to starving and diseased people around the world. Now I know these are not bad things at all, but for a Rich powerful AMERICAN, I believe giving all your money, or even a majority of it to other countries is doing nothing for us. If he was so proud to be an American, why not give some money to the Gov't, why not help the Country you live in out a little while still giving to other countries? Warren Buffet is the same way, even though he did come out and say "Tax the rich more." He still gives billions to other countries. Once again America isn't starving, but we are hurting, and the rich keep getting richer. While the poor keep getting poorer. I Know if I was Bill Gates, or another powerful/rich person, I'd give the country I love, America a boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out the blog Grant Street Journal